Become a power-kite instructor with the specialty only training course curriculum for certified instructors.
The IKO power kite system that is a great opportunity to teach students from a wider spectrum. Working to the IKO power kite standards to bring a higher level of skill and safety into our sport at a ‘grassroots’ level.
IKO Certified Kiteboarding or Snowkiting instructors can take the basic Powerkiting instructor course online.
Your benefits with the IKO
- Access to the Pro Area of the IKO website
- Able to purchase IKO Instructor Insurance
- Able to purchase IKO products at Pro prices
- Access to the job opening listings on the IKO website and post a seeking employment ad viewable to IKO Centers
- Post personal profile information online, which is viewable via the general public website
- Become an IKO Water or Snow Instructor by taking an ITC course, without needing Assistant Instructorship or teaching experience as prerequisites
Prerequisites to become a Powerkite Instructor
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a certified IKO Powerkiter Level 2, or be able to prove equivalent level
- Have a minimum of 6 months of Powerkiting experience
- Provide a copy of a valid first aid/CPR certificate
- Must be able to read and write
Additionally, Instructors Level 2 Senior and above may earn Powerkite Trainer equivalency upon completion of a separate online course and 2 days of shadowing during a live training course.
How to enroll in a course?
Make sure you meet the prerequisites and have the necessary documents. Check the IKO Training Calendar now for ITCs happening soon in your area, then download, fill in and sign the ITC Candidate waiver form and send along with the supporting documents to the ITC organizer.