Kiteboarding Instructor Training Course – ITC.
Kiteboarding Instructor Course
Duration: 5-days (approx 40hours)
Location: Kanaha Beach, Maui, Hawaii USA
Host School: Action Sports Maui
Book Now, Spaces limited, Reservation Required.
The ITC Course is the worlds most popular kiteboarding instructor training course. The IKO certification is recognized around the world. Trainees provide their own personal kiteboarding equipment, lunches, and transportation. Spaces are limited, so book early. Course costs include a printed Instructor Manual (IM), Kiteboarder Handbook (KBHB), and Certificate (upon graduation). A $200 registration fee is required to book this course. The balance is due 30days prior course commencement. The course begins with 6 online Pre-ITC Training courses that will take several days to complete. The Instructor Manual is available on the first day of the course. There will be a practical riding skills test. Complete the Assistant Instructor Training Course as a pre-requisite. It is recommended that candidates log 10-20 hours assisting at an certified school. Candidates are often required after the course to do additional shadowing hours of Level2 instructors teaching live lessons, to meet the requirements. If you are interested in this course but do not yet have all the prerequisites, let us know and we will be able to assist you to meet or complete the requirements.
Instructor Level 1, (ITC) prerequisites:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Kiteboard for more than 12 months, and a minimum of 6 months at Level N3 (upwind riding, jumping & other skills).
- Have a strong riding level, including be able to perform jumps with grabs, controlled turns, switch (toe-side) riding
- Be able to ride confidently and safely between other riders.
- Have completed an Assistant Instructor Certification course (AITC now mandatory)
- Have a current, valid First aid & CPR certificate.
- Have a powerboat license, a boat safety course certificate.
- Complete the 3 Pre-ITC online training courses and pass the 6 tests 70%.
Instructor Training: Instructor training course 5 days
- Practical environment
- Teaching psychology
- Teaching in live situation
- Student certification
Instructor Certification: By the end of the 5 days course, an instructor will be able to:
- Pass the Pre-Course study tests on theoretical knowledge.
- Provide the appropriate equipment to his student and adapt it.
- Develop communication and teaching techniques that allow the students to understand and perform the required task.
- Recognize and manage the mental state of his student.
- Evaluate his students before the lesson.
- Evaluate the reason for failure of the student and provide information to help him improve.
- Manage his teaching area and anticipate the dangers (obstacles, passer-by, other students and instructors).
- Teach the proper use of safety equipment.
- Perform rescues for students & other ocean users (if necessary).
- Self evaluate his professional weakness and strength after having taught in live situation.
- As observer during a teaching live situation, identify an instructor candidate’s professional weakness or strength.
- Describe the key point of an exercise to enable the student to do it.
- Certify a student with the Kiteboarder card.
- Deal with own stress tiredness.
- Be a good role model.
- Obtain a minimum rate of 70% at the final written exam.
A level 1 Kiteboarding Instructor is qualified to:
- Teach kiteboarding with a ratio of maximum 2 kites/4 students simultaneously.
- Teach kiteboarding following our standards.
- Certify students up to Level 3 kiteboarder.
- Teach recreational power kite to maximum 6 students simultaneously.