Cascade Kiteboarding will again be hosting our annual IKO course at the beginning of the season for new instructors: The Assistant Instructor Training Course (AITC) and the Instructor Training Course (ITC). The AITC is required now for the ITC Course.
AITC – Assistant Instructor Training Course
Spring Dates TBD announced,
The Assistant Instructor Training Course (AITC) is a program that will provide hands-on experience, and help build teaching and organizational skills integral to being an assistant instructor. In addition, you will learn more about the equipment, how to prepare and use it properly, fundamental safety principles, and how a Kiteboarding center works.
* If you intend in registering for an ITC (Instructor Training Course to become a Level 1 Instructor) then this course is mandatory.
Assistant Instructor is qualified to
- Manage the equipment organization and maintenance
- Teach one student at a time up to level 1/C (under supervision of L2)
- Supervise the safety of 1 kiteboarders from level 2/I and above (under supervision of L2)
- Assist an Instructor level 1 or level 2 or higher, with launching and landing procedures and information transmission during a course (under supervision of L2)
Assistant Instructor prerequisites
- Be at least 16 years old (Candidates under 18 years old must obtain parental consent)
- Be certified as an IKO Member Level 3 for at least 6 months
- Have a valid first aid and CPR certificate
- Must be able to read and write
ITC – Instructor Training Course Level 1 :
The Training Course Level 1 (ITC) is designed for experienced kiteboarders who are passionate about the sport and sharing their expertise. In the training program you’ll learn IKO’s proven teaching methodology that uses a progression of exercises designed to build the student’s skills and understanding step-by-step. There is a high demand for IKO certified instructor both in the States and abroad since the IKO certification is recognized as the international standard of teaching and since kiteboarding is such a rapidly growing sport.
Benefits with IKO ITC Level 1 Certificate:
- Hiring consideration with Cascade Kiteboarding
- Access to the Pro Area of the IKO website
- Able to purchase IKO Instructor Insurance
- Able to purchase IKO products at Pro prices
- Access to the job opening listings on the IKO website
- Post a seeking employment ad viewable to IKO Centers
- Post personal profile information online, which is viewable via the general public website
Candidates to an ITC Level 1 must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Kiteboarding for at least 1 year and be a certified IKO kiteboarder level 3N minimum for a minimum of 6 months (jumping and riding toe side). Perform level 3n skills on demand in all wind conditions from 10-30 knots.
- Have an IKO Assistant Instructor certification.
- Have a valid first aid and CPR certificate or complete it before the ITC with the IKO Examiner running the course.
- Pass all the online Pre-ITC Course.
- Have a powerboat license, or have another boat safety course certification.
- Must be able to read and write and speak fluently in the language the course is given.
- Sign the waiver form.